Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ant problem.

I walked into the kitchen, to find dozens of ants crawling over a tiny piece of Bournvita on the counter. "Ugh" I thought. "Irritating little pests". I dampened a kitchen sponge, and wiped the ants away. Then, the thought struck me, since i feel that humans couldn't have been the only ones to evolve, that ants must really have a life of their own. They probably have their own houses, work places and restaurants too! I suddenly thought, what seemed like pest control to me, would actually be NATURAL DISASTERS for ants. The world would be like a battlefield for a couple of ants wouldn't it? Just imagine if a giant kitchen sponge came and wiped you and your friends off the face of the earth? That's what I felt when I wiped away those ants. What there was a "camera ant" who was shooting scenes of the disaster, and showing it on the ant' TV network. I can imagine the headline; "Disaster strikes again. 1,06,078 ants wiped away due to kitchen sponge". I can imagine ants filing thousands and thousands of cases against humans, demanding justice for the grief we have caused them. I am going to try and stop myself from killing ants and other harmless fellows from now on, and i hope you do too.

"Because after all, a person's a person, no matter how small!"--Dr.Seuss

1 comment:

  1. Malini-
    I wrecked havoc with cockroaches many times and wondered if I could be called a murderer a million times- but whenever I see a cockroach -my repentence vanishes into thin air - wonder if Nature's fury at humans is similar!

    Lovely colorful thoughts- you painted a very vivid word-ful picture for me!

    Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete